Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your opinion !

Comments inline

Etienne

On 28/10/2019 17:34, Alexey Romanenko wrote:
Let me share some of my thoughts on this.

    - shall we filter out the package name from the release?

Until new runner is not ready to be used in production (or, at least, be used for beta testing but users should be clearly warned about that in this case), I believe we need to filter out its classes from published jar to avoid a confusion.
Yes that is what I think also

    - should we release 2 jars: one for the old and one for the new ?

    - should we release 3 jars: one for the new, one for the new and one for both ?

Once new runner will be released, then I think we need to provide only one single jar and allow user to switch between different Spark runners with CLI option.

I would vote for 3 jars: one for new, one for old, and one for both. Indeed, in some cases, users are looking very closely at the size of jars. This solution meets all use cases

    - should we create a special entry to the capability matrix ?

Sure, since it has its own uniq characteristics and implementation, but again, only once new runner will be "officially released".
+1