Hi Dev's

Currently, the Pipeline class in Beam is not Serializable. This is not a
problem for the current runners since the pipeline is translated and
submitted through a centralized Driver like model. However, if the runner
has a decentralized model similar to OpenMPI (MPI), which is also the case
with Twister2, which I am developing a runner currently, it would have been
better if the pipeline itself was Serializable.

Currently, I am trying to transform the Pipeline into a Twister2 graph and
then send over to the workers, however since there are some functions such
as "SystemReduceFn" that are not serializable this also is somewhat
troublesome.

Was the decision to make Pipelines not Serializable made due to some
specific reason or because all the current use cases did not present any
valid requirement to make them Serializable?

Best Regards,
Pulasthi
--
Pulasthi S. Wickramasinghe