On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 7:00 PM Chamikara Jayalath <chamik...@google.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 6:17 PM Reza Rokni <r...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> With regards to @Experimental there are a couple of discussions around
>> its usage ( or rather over usage! ) on dev@. It is something that we
>> need to clean up ( some of those IO are now being used on production env
>> for years!).
>>

> I agree that we should move some IO connectors out of experimental state
> and probably this should be a separate discussion. Also, this issue is
> probably more than for IO connectors since there are other parts of the
> code that is marked as experimental as well, sometimes for a good reason
> (for example, SDF).

Yes, let's have a separate thread on @Experimental. There are a ton of
threads that start talking about it, and they all seem to agree it isn't
working. Only one direct thread* that was about something a bit more
specific
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/302bd51c77feb5c9ce39882316d391535a0fc92e7608a623d9139160@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 8:21 AM Alexey Romanenko <aromanenko....@gmail.com>

> +1 for deprecating AWS V1 IO connectors as opposed to removing as well
> unless we can confirm that usage is extremely limited.

+1 to deprecate as soon as there is an alternative.

Trying to measure usage is a good idea, but hard. If the maven coordinates
were different we could look at download numbers and dependencies.

Talking about “Experimental” annotation. Sorry in advance If I missed that

> Probably, decision to move component APIs (for example, an IO connector)
> out of experimental state should be done on a case-by-case basis.

Let's repeat these good points on a dedicated thread.

Kenn