Hi all,
I noticed that sometimes the precommit jobs are launched for unrelated PRs,
eg. Python or website precommit runs for some Java and gradle changes.
AFAIK, the 'responsibility regions' for the jobs are defined in Job DSL
scripts and are regexes that file changed paths are checked against.
for Python PreCommit the paths are:
      '^model/.*$',
      '^sdks/python/.*$',
      '^release/.*$',
      '^build.gradle$',
      '^buildSrc/.*$',
      '^gradle/.*$',
      '^gradle.properties$',
      '^gradlew$',
      '^gradle.bat$',
      '^settings.gradle$'

and for Website:
      '^website/.*$'
      '^build.gradle$',
      '^buildSrc/.*$',
      '^gradle/.*$',
      '^gradle.properties$',
      '^gradlew$',
      '^gradle.bat$',
      '^settings.gradle$'

What I don't understand is why they both triggered for Łukasz's PR
<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/10268>, which touches some Java files,
Jenkins scripts and two non top-level gradle files.
Can anyone shed some light on this? I'd like to understand it thoroughly -
by fixing misfires of precommits it would be possible to alleviate the
strain on our Jenkins workers.
Thanks!
Michal
--