I want to highlight that this design works for definitely more runners than
just Dataflow. I see two pieces of it that I want to bring onto the thread:

1. A new kind of "unbounded source" which is a periodic refresh of a
bounded source, and use that as a side input. Each main input element has a
window that maps to a specific refresh of the side input.
2. Distributed map side inputs: supporting very large lookup tables, but
with consistency challenges. Even the part about "windmill API" probably
applies to other runners

So I hope the title and "Objective" section do not cause people to stop
reading.

Kenn