In my opinion it is fine to add the documentation after the runner is
added. I do think we should have input from more members of the community
about accepting the donation. Since there is time here are places where you
should add information about the runner:

https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/capability-matrix/ source
data at
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/website/src/_data/capability-matrix.yml

https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/twister2 (new page - see the
pages for other runners)

https://beam.apache.org/get-started/quickstart-java/ has some snippets with
toggles per runner

https://beam.apache.org/roadmap/ has the roadmaps for different runners.
For a new runner especially this could be helpful for users.

Kenn