In case it's of any use, there's a tool called towncrier[1] to help compile
changelog fragments and compile them at time of delivery.

I came across this when working on the python-attrs[2] project, which has
some good documentation for contributors on how to use it:
https://www.attrs.org/en/stable/contributing.html#changelog
<https://www.attrs.org/en/stable/contributing.html#changelog>

[1] https://github.com/hawkowl/towncrier
[2] https://github.com/python-attrs/attrs