Generic question without commenting on Twister2 specifically:

Should runners, current and future, be in the same repository as Beam
core? Can or should they be completely separate products with their
own release cycles?

Generally, loose coupling leads to more maintainable, reliable
projects. Specifically, Cassandra is holding back some other changes
in Beam and I really wish it didn't have the ability to block
progress. The more different runners we have in core, the worse this
problem is likely to become.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org