What's our LTS policy these days?  It seems we should remove the following
from our site (and encourage GCP does the same, below), if we're not going
to maintain these.  I'll update policy page via PR, if get the go ahead
that it is our desire.  Seems we can't suggest policies in a policy doc
that we don't follow...?

I am not trying to suggest demand for LTS.  If others haven't spoken up,
that also indicates lack of demand.  Point of my message is to say, we
should update our Policies doc, if those aren't what we are practicing (and
can re-add later if wanting to revive LTS).

https://beam.apache.org/community/policies/

Apache Beam aims to make 8 releases in a 12 month period. To accommodate
users with longer upgrade cycles, some of these releases will be tagged as
long term support (LTS) releases. LTS releases receive patches to fix major
issues for 12 months, starting from the release’s initial release date.
There will be at least one new LTS release in a 12 month period, and LTS
releases are considered deprecated after 12 months. The community will mark
a release as a LTS release based on various factors, such as the number of
LTS releases currently in flight and whether the accumulated feature set
since the last LTS provides significant upgrade value. Non-LTS releases do
not receive patches and are considered deprecated immediately after the
next following minor release. We encourage you to update early and often;
do not wait until the deprecation date of the version you are using.

Seems a Google Specific Concern, but related to the community:
https://cloud.google.com/dataflow/docs/support/sdk-version-support-status#apache-beam-sdks-2x

Apache Beam <http://beam.apache.org/> is an open source, community-led
project. Google is part of the community, but we do not own the project or
control the release process. We might open bugs or submit patches to the
Apache Beam codebase on behalf of Dataflow customers, but we cannot create
hotfixes or official releases of Apache Beam on demand.

However, the Apache Beam community designates specific releases as *long
term support (LTS)* releases. LTS releases receive patches to fix major
issues for a designated period of time. See the Apache Beam policies
<https://beam.apache.org/community/policies/> page for more details about
release policies.