I think it makes sense for the ZetaSQL to Calcite translation layer to live
in Calcite itself, and did suggest it at one point on their dev list (See:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/38942fcb4775ed71f9b2ab8880ab68a4238166ea5e904111ca184a12%40%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E).
I don't think there is a quick way to get there, but we could split up the
interfaces within Beam so they are cleaner.

It seems like a good next step would be to split up packages within Beam.
We could add a set of core SQL interfaces that only depend on Calcite and
then split our ZetaSQL translator into a piece that only depends on those
interfaces, Calcite, and ZetaSQL.

Andrew