Back at the end of February we decided to revisit this conversation in 3
months. Do folks on this thread have any new input or perspective regarding
us balancing "user pain/contributor pain/our ability to continuously test
with python 2 in a shifting environment"?

Some new information on my end is that we have been seeing steady adoption
of Python 3 among Beam Python users in Dataflow, particularly strong
adoption among streaming users, and Dataflow is sunsetting Python 2 support
for all released Beam SDKs later this year [1]. We will have to remove
Python 2 Beam test suites that use Dataflow  when Dataflow runner disables
Py2 support if this happens before Beam Py2 EOL (when we have to remove all
Py2 suites), including performance tests that still use Dataflow on Python
3.

I am curious how much motivation there is in the community at this moment
to continue Py2 support in Beam,  whether any previous Py3 migration
blockers were resolved or any new blockers discovered among Beam users.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/python/docs/python2-sunset/#dataflow