Hi,

I've added some important updates to
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11877 and I wanted to share some
thoughts with you about possible improvements:

During releasing a new version of Beam the script
*build_release_candidate.sh* is executed. It builds sources and puts them
into the GCS staging bucket where they are consumed by separate repository
CI jobs (beam-wheels). Then they are downloaded and processed by
*sign_hash_python_wheels.sh* script.

By using github actions this process could be simplified as follows:
1. Within *build_release_candidate.sh* *release* and *release candidate*
branches are pushed to the remote repository (this is done by it now).
2. gh-actions will build sources and wheels based on these branches.
3. *build_release_candidate.sh* could verify status of the build by using
github api and corresponding data (name of the branch, commit hash) and
after successful build download sources and wheel files from gh-action
artifacts and use them in further actions.

Happy to know your opinion on this

BR
Tobiasz Kędzierski