Absolutely Adham! I am doing very well.

I recommend starting with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4152 (Session
Windowing), as understanding how that needs to be plumbed through would be
helpful in implementing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3304 as
well to a lesser extent.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2939 (SDF support) is already
well on it's way, but under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3301 which
is the Go specific tracker. Initial Splitting is supported on Flinkand the
Python Portable runner due to the mountain of work Daniel has put into it.
Daniel is already working on Dynamic Splitting as well, which will round
out the features necessary for scalable Batch use of the feature.

If you look at the BEAM-4152 JIRA, you'll see a PR linked there. It was
mostly fine, but didn't add any unit tests on request. Please feel free to
use that as a starting point. Windowing in the Go SDK is not tested to any
extent at present, though there is a Windowed Wordcount example:
https://beam.apache.org/get-started/wordcount-example/#windowedwordcount-example
(That documentation needs updating, as all of Flink, Spark, and the Python
Portable runner work with the Go SD due to the portable nature.).

Most of the work for Session windowing happens on the Runner side, so the
SDK half is required to plumb the windowing strategy around correctly,
which hasn't been done yet for session.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, or need some
assistance navigating the SDK.

A cursory JIRA search doesn't show you as a registered contributor with
Beam (but this is probably a bad search on my part). If you have an Apache
JIRA account, please let us know so you can self assign an issue.
Otherwise, http://beam.apache.org/contribute has the contribution
instructions.  The Go SDK instructions in the Repo are accurate for setting
up a good client for Go SDK work:
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/go/README.md#contributing-to-the-go-sdk
.

Thank you for bearing with this information dump. I know it's a lot.
 I look forward to seeing what you come up with, whenever you come up with
it!

Robert Burke