I think that we should get back to this question since that time we have more
and more AWS-related IO connectors (mostly in Java SDK afaik).

It would be great to have a dedicated Beam’s credentials to run all our
AWS-releasted ITs against real AWS instance, but till then, I’m +1 to run such
tests against 3rd party implementations, for example, “localstack”, as most
comprehensive one. Of course we can observe some potential discrepancy in
behaviour between real AWS and other implementations, but if it’s not principal
things then it should not be a stopper. I believe that regular running ITs,
especially for IO connectors, is a very important.