Thank you for the information and links, Alexey! We will try to follow this
approach.

On 25 Nov 2020, at 21:27, Alexey Romanenko
<aromanenko....@gmail.com<mailto:aromanenko....@gmail.com>> wrote:

For Kafka testing, there is a Kafka IT [1] that runs on Jenkins [2]. It
leverages a real Kafka cluster that runs on k8s. So, probably you can follow
the similar approach.

In the same time, we fake Kafka consumer and its output for KafkaIO unit tests.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/io/kafka/src/test/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/io/kafka/KafkaIOIT.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/.test-infra/jenkins/job_PerformanceTests_KafkaIO_IT.groovy