Hi Aspen, if the issue has been fixed on Calcite's side, it is waiting for
an overdue upgrade of the Calcite version Beam uses (tracked by [1]).
Currently Beam depends on Calcite 1.20, and it looks like that issue was
fixed in Calcite 1.21 [2].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-9379
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3237