On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 8:06 AM Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Also I wonder if we now need to clarify both Java 8 and Java 11 versions
> separately?
>
> You mean for the docker images? Otherwise we should not be using Java
> 11 at all to produce the artifacts.

Thanks for clarification, yes, looks like Docker images are the only
artifacts where this concern applies.  The Docker images include several
jars[1], that I believe are currently built locally (by a release manager
at container image build time). Are the jars included in Java 11 images
built with Java 11? If so, is it worth calling out the compiler?  Also,
perhaps we should look into building release artifacts using Jenkins or
Github Actions, with a preconfigured version of compilers, instead of
whatever version is installed on the release manager's machine.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/container/Dockerfile#L24-L33