Thanks, Chuck for looking into this. We explored switching to
google-cloud-* python libraries for Dataflow runner purposes, and
encountered several issues related to dependency management of these
libraries in Google-internal repository, which were difficult to address
just in Beam plane without vendroing these dependencies. We are currently
working to address these issues internally before coming back to this
effort. I would not recommend switching these libraries on master branch
without commitment/help from Google Dataflow runner maintainers at this
time, although we can certainly explore what external (Beam) changes will
be needed.