Hello,

We have an application that needs to remain FIPS compliant and so we have
bc-fips-1.0.2.1.jar in our classpath. Up until now we used Beam 2.34.0
without any issue, but we are doing some upgrades to comply with security
issues. However we detected that Beam 2.39.0 added other BC jars which
conflict with bc-fips.

[image: image.png]

Running the application at this point will give the following stack trace
when registering any BC providers:

org.apache.beam.sdk.util.UserCodeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
'boolean
org.bouncycastle.crypto.CryptoServicesRegistrar.isInApprovedOnlyMode()' at
org.apache.beam.sdk.util.UserCodeException.wrap(UserCodeException.java:39)

Version 2.34.0 had no BC jars at all. Is there a way we could upgrade
safely?

--
Este mensaje contiene información de Equifax que puede ser confidencial y
reservada. Si Usted no es el destinatario final por favor evite la

This message contains proprietary
information from Equifax which may be confidential. If you are not an
intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
by e-mail postmas...@equifax.com <mailto:postmas...@equifax.com>.

Equifax® is a registered trademark of Equifax Inc.  All rights reserved.