Thanks for the design Damon! And thanks for collaborating with me on getting a
high level textual description of the key implementation idea down in writing.
I think the solution is pretty elegant.

I do have concerns about how different Runners might handle
ProcessContinuations for the Bounded Input case. I know Dataflow famously has
two different execution modes under the hood, but I agree with the principle
that ProcessContinuation.Resume should largely be in line with the expected
delay, though it's by no means guaranteed AFAIK.

We should also ensure this is linked from https://s.apache.org/beam-design-docs
if not already.

Robert Burke
Beam Go Busybody