2.55.0 release manager here

The patch itself [1] is trivial, however, the release process is not
trivial. There is little documentation nor practice for a patch release
process. I could imagine two options

1. Do a full "2.55.1" release

2. Do a patch release only for Python SDK, that is
  a. cherry-pick [1] into release-2.55.0 branch
  b. tag a 2.55.1rc1 release candidate - note that the source code of
release candidate (e.g. apache_beam/version.py) still reads 2.55.0. This
ensures Python SDK picks up the Java expansion service / job server of
existing version (2.55.0). We did it once for Go SDK (
https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/sdks/v2.48.2)
  c. Build the release candidate for Python wheels (also Python containers?
Not sure if it is needed)
  d. send out the RC for validation
  e. finalize the release

If we decided to do a patch release I would prefer option 2. I can take on
that if decided to do. However, if we decide do a full release (or both
Java and Python) I would suggest defer to next release cycle, as the
release process itself could take ~10 days minimum if there is single RC.

Besides, there should be a Beam YAML validation workflow and added in
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1368030253