Thanks for the feedback!

Sounds like it'll be a while before this is supported. Would it make sense
to formally _not_ support this functionality by raising an early and clear
exception if someone does try to use a side input with a combiner? As it
stands now, the exception a user gets is very difficult to understand. My
motivation for looking into this was a new user I was introducing to Beam
ran into this issue and their first impression was that Beam had terrible
error handling / messages.

Best,
Joey