From: Simone Robutti <simone.robu...@radicalbit.io>
Date: Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM
Subject: Fwd: machine learning API, common models
To: Suneel Marthi <smar...@apache.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kavulya, Soila P <soila.p.kavu...@intel.com>
Date: 2016-05-17 1:53 GMT+02:00
Subject: RE: machine learning API, common models
To: "dev@beam.incubator.apache.org" <dev@beam.incubator.apache.org>

Thanks Simone,

You have raised a valid concern about how different frameworks will have
different implementations and parameter semantics for the same algorithm. I
agree that it is important to keep this in mind. Hopefully, through this
exercise, we will identify a good set of common ML abstractions across
different frameworks.

Feel free to edit the document. We had limited the first pass of the
comparison matrix to the machine learning pipeline APIs, but we can extend
it to include other ML building blocks like linear algebra operations, and
APIs for optimizers like gradient descent.

Soila