Release notes for each release are being tracked in JIRA. For example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM/fixforversion/12335764/
Davor is planning to send a follow up email about how we use this process.
And as we redo the website layout, we should figure out how to surface this
information cleanly there too.

As for breaking changes from the Dataflow Java 1.x, we'll make sure to
publish a very clear guide when we start encouraging people to transition.
There will be a few small things in this space (package refactorings,
renamings, how often DoFn is deserialized) -- this is our chance to fix
some things we wish we'd done differently ;-)