At the moment we have both, a 0.2.0-incubating branch and tag. As far
as I understand we would push all changes for a minor release in the
0.2.0-incubating branch which would then be used to create a
0.2.1-incubating release and tag. If not, what is the purpose of the
0.2.0-incubating branch?

Perhaps we could rename 0.2.0-incubating to 0.2-incubating? I think
that is a popular scheme for release branches.

That said, a proper minor release should properly include more changes
then just this one fix. At this point in time we're focusing on
development and typically do not backport changes. This will
definitely change in the future. So I'm not really sure if a minor
release is feasible.