Hi Pei,

Thanks for sharing.

For the goals, I fully agree with you: as already discussed, the purpose is to have "pluggable" filesystems that will allow us to easily with local, gs, hdfs, s3 filesystems (and even more).

After a quick first glance, it looks good to me. I will try to evaluate the impact later today.

IMHO, once this change is done, the HdfsIO (in the sdk/java/io) should be flagged as deprecated.

Regards
JB