On Sunday 13 November 2005 4:07 am, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> Just a quick update:
>
> Long story here, but the short take-home point is that I'll be leading
> an effort -- hosted by the new OpenDocument Fellowship -- to design a
> proposal to significantly enhance metadata support in OpenDocument.
> That proposal will formalize the ideas I laid out here:
>
> Bruce

This is great news - indicative of the growing support for Bruce's innovative
approach to  metadata support in OpenDocument - which is central to the
sucesss of our bibliographic project.

For those who have not yet come across it yet a mp3 is available of the talk
Bruce was recently invited to give to the Canadian library technology
conference Access 2005. His talk was -

Bridging Worlds: Library IT and Free Software

"Presents ongoing work in improving open standards and software for students
and researchers by exploiting innovations in library-oriented technology and
trends in the free software community. Focuses in particular on the
OpenOffice bibliographic project and related work."

You can down load the mp3
http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/presentations/podcasts/darcus.mp3

and the slides
http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/talks/biblio/Access2005.html

Also the OpenDocument Fellowship can be found at -

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/Main/HomePage

regards

David