On 11/23/05, Matej Cepl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To make it even more complicated (but maybe not) -- American lawyers in most
> of their works (be it pleading to the court or scholarly writing -- BTW, I
> think that for US lawyers could well developed bibliography management make
> OOo killing feature which would make them switch from WordPerfect
> (finally :-)) have something they call Table of Authorities. It is some
> mixture between table of contents (and legal texts having ToA have ToC as
> well), index and list of references. Basically it lists all references
> (cases, regulations, laws, legal journals, and anything else) which is used
> in the text as an authority. Whole list is divided into categories for each
> type of reference.

Yes, this is a PITA, because it starts to tread heavily on document
features.  I feel like I need to confine this language to citation and
bibliographic formatting, and I need to draw the line when we get into
what is basically a cross between index, TOC and reference list.  I
just can't see how to accomdate this in an elegant way.

My sense is that at some point this could be accomodated by a really
simple change tthough, that would basically be some sort of parameter
that passes off the formatted references to some sort of index
processor.

Thoughts?

> Some examples of how it does look
> * http://www.lambdalegal.org/binary-data/LAMBDA_PDF/pdf/357.pdf (see page
> iii)

For future reference, this is *exactly* the kind of thing I need when
considering this stuff. Thanks!

Bruce