Hi,

You may have noticed OpenOffice.org  is a running competition for developer
articles. These are articles written to help developers working on
OOo. The award sum is $750 USD. The official announcement of the competition
is below.

All,

OpenOffice.org, with the support of Team OpenOffice.org e.V. and
extra sponsorship from Sun Microsystems, announces the Developer
Contest. The goal of the developer contest is to generate more
developer documentation. We are also interested in promoting
OpenOffice.org to developers at the same time.

The current deadline is 31 March 2006. Each month, a new deadline
will be set for the end of that month.

As part of the contest, developers are asked to write articles about
developer topics, such as porting, add-on and filter development
(e.g. new wizards, Calc functions, chart types, etc.), bug fixing,
etc. Every month a committee will pick the best article from the pool
of submitted articles. Articles that did not initially win will stay
in the pool, so that they can still win later.

Detailed rules can be found here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/
OpenOffice.org_Developer_Article_Contest

(http://tinyurl.com/kptj3)

The developer contest team wishes all participating developers and
writers good luck! We look forward to receiving the first articles.

Best regards,

The OpenOffice.org Developer Contest Team