Bruce wrote:
> I have never come across any database application that prefills
> content, unless perhaps it's generic content like country codes or
> whatever in a relational db (not relevant here, because a flat db).

My guess is these sample books exist mainly for a psychological reason:
If there are books in the database then people know it is working. If, instead
people visit the bibliographic database for the first time and just see an
empty table and a lot(!) of empty fields below, this might be enough to drive
some simple souls off saying "I dont' know where to start."

> Moreover, I don't recall ever meeting anyone who actually uses the
> existing bibliographic support.

As you might remember I used it for my thesis, although not always in the way
the designers of if intended it to be used. ;-)
--
Matthias Basler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]