Github user kwmonroe commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/151

    @johnsca, `namenode_hosts` has only 1 item in non-HA mode.  Note that once
we hit the `else` to enter the "non HA" condition, we're not in any loop --
`namenode_hosts[0]` is how the one and only namenode was being referenced in
other parts of the template, so I kept it the same:

https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-deploy/puppet/modules/hadoop/templates/hdfs-site.xml#L98

    Fwiw, I could use `@hadoop_namenode_host` if you think that would be
cleaner.

    As for HA/Kerberos, I do not know why they are mutually exclusive; as you
noted, I preserved the original logic.

---
with INFRA.
---