Github user johnsca commented on the issue:
    @kwmonroe My point was that, since `namenode_hosts` only contains one item
in the non-HA case, and the only difference in the code between the HA case and
non-HA case was whether we looped over the code, it could be factored out into
a single loop outside of the HA / non-HA check and it would do the right thing
by dint of there being only a single item in the list.
    It would save some code repetition, and avoid needing to change the `elif`
condition, though the other part of my comment is that that seems strange to me
in the first place (but, since it's outside the scope of this change, anyway,
avoiding changing it at all seems better).

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.