Certainly having an official release is much preferable. However, we can try
to go with a branch for now. Say, I can change the patch to start building
from the git instead, so we can start testing it on a separate branch for now.

Once the release is ready (and if 1.2.1 is still unreleased on our end) we'll
move to the official bits.

Cos