I think that's a fair consideration. However I am thinking if we allow
non-durable ledger, that means 1) application needs to handle the missing
entries; 2) the re-replication should handle non-durable ledger by ignoring
the non-existing entries if they are missing.

But Let's see how Jia is proposing.

- Sijie