Thanks for the input of Flavio, Enrico and Sijie, updated a new version
BookKeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance
logging service. It has been used as a fundamental service to build
high available and replicated services in companies like Twitter,
Yahoo and Salesforce. It is also the log segment store for Apache
DistributedLog (incubating) and message store for Apache Pulsar.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- DistributedLog graduates as a sub-project of BookKeeper. Consolidate the
development with log stream library over bookkeeper.
- BookKeeper moves the development to github - use github for tracking
issues, moved to gitbox.
- New contributions for a new bookkeeper website.
- “BookKeeper proposals flow' is growing and leads to healthy and organised
## Health report:
- After a year of development among developers from multiple different
companies, release 4.5 is almost complete and it is due in August, it
includes exciting features like security support, netty 4 upgrade,
weight-based placement policy, long poll reads.
- We moved to gitbox to reduce the gap for new contributors to engage with
- DL graduates as a sub-project to consolidate the development efforts
around log stream library.
- There are a few promising candidates based on the growth of the community
and contributions from joining developers
## PMC changes:
- Currently 9 PMC members.
- JV Jujjuri was added to the PMC on Tue Jun 27 2017
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 14 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committers addition was Enrico Olivelli and Charan Reddy G in Mar
- Last release was 4.4.0 on Sun May 15 2016
## Mailing list activity:
A good number of merged contributions (109 Github Pull Requests) is
inducing the mailing list activity.
Consolidate efforts coming from DL graduation as sub-project. More
contributor/committer engagement cause the increased of mailing list
- 90 subscribers (up 7 in the last 3 months):
- 2706 emails sent to list (875 in previous quarter)
- 6 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)
- 100 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):
- 27 emails sent to list (23 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 60 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 88 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
- 120Github issues created in the last 3 months
- 70 Github issues closed/resolved in the last 3 months
- 118 Github Pull Requests created in the last 3 months
- 109 Github Pull Requests closed/resolved in the last 3 months