Hi,

we have upgraded BK to use Protobuf 3.4, after the change I see this
lines in the logs

I think we should add the suggested line to the protocol files

[WARNING] PROTOC: [libprotobuf WARNING
google/protobuf/compiler/parser.cc:546] No syntax specified for the
proto file: BookkeeperProtocol.proto. Please use 'syntax = "proto2";'
or 'syntax = "proto3";' to specify a syntax version. (Defaulted to
proto2 syntax.)
[libprotobuf WARNING google/protobuf/compiler/parser.cc:546] No syntax
specified for the proto file: DataFormats.proto. Please use 'syntax =
"proto2";' or 'syntax = "proto3";' to specify a syntax version.
(Defaulted to proto2 syntax.)

@Sijie If you are working on this topic can you add that line on your
next changes about protobuf ?

otherwise I can send a trivial patch for this

Cheers

Enrico