Hi all,

I have been thinking of how to improve documentation process for a while.
We have a good BP process for introducing enhancements, features. However,
this process is not well integrated with our review process, and the
content of a BP is not used for documentation.

I am proposing moving the BPs from wiki to github for a couple of reasons:

- the ASF cwiki is disconnected from Github, and usually becomes out of
date quickly. It doesn't really catch up with the code changes. Most of the
content (documentation, contribution/release guides) are already in
website, cwiki is only used for tracking BPs and community meeting notes at
this point.
- Moving BPs to github will leverage the same github review process. So
people are easier to review and comment on BPs.
- The BPs can be finalized and used for documentation.

Here is the rough idea:

- BPs are maintained under `site/bps` directory.
- If a developer is making a BP, he can create an issue and send a pull
request for the BP.
- Once the BP is reviewed and accepted, it will be merged and listed as
`Accepted`.
- The original BP issue will be left open during its development. Once the
BP is fully implemented and merge, we update the BP as done when closing
the BP issue. (This probably can be automated with github webhooks).

If we put BPs in `site/bps` directory, the BP will be available on website
once it is merged. so the BP can be also updated along with code change,
and make the implementation and documentation in sync.

Also, If we can make BP process work on Github, we can deprecate using the
ASF wiki, make it a pure github workflow.

I would like to hear your opinions about that.

- Sijie