Hi all,

We have switched to Time Based Release Schedule
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/BP-13+-+Time+Based+Release+Plan>
since
4.6.0 and we have 3 successful releases since then - 4.5.1, 4.6.0 and
4.6.1. And the 4.7.0 release is coming in a month or so. According to
BP-13, we need to enforce an EOL policy for our releases: keep the releases
in one year and mark the releases older than one year as EOL, no BC would
be considered with those versions.

I would like to propose we start enforcing EOL at 4.7.0 release:

- we only keep all the releases higher than 4.4.0 (4.4.0 was released about
one year and half ago).
- stop supporting BC with releases smaller than 4.4.0. This includes: move
the documentation of those releases as archived, remove them from BC tests,
delete the legacy code that was there for supporting BC with these releases.

Thoughts?

- Sijie