I must add that I have tests on a downstream project (HerdDB) which are
consistently failing just by upgrading from 4.6.1 to 4.7.0rc0

Tests are about Bookie failures and Fencing.

I am trying to understand the root cause, but it is sure that the test is
consistently failing with 4.7.0rc0 and consistently OK with 4.6.1, on
JDK8/Linux Fedora 26.

If anyone wants to play with this error just checkout this branch from my
GitHub fork of HerdDB and run this test

git clone https://github.com/eolivelli/herddb
git checkout fix/test-book keeper-470-rc
mvn clean install -DskipTests
mvn test -pl herddb-core -Dtest=BookkeeperFailuresTest

Stay tuned.

Enrico