> This may not be an issue with the master as we moved to immutable metadata,

Not an issue with master as blockAddCompletions has been replaced with
a simple boolean and failure handling changed to only deal with one
failure at a time. However, looking at it again, I think I did spot a
similar bug. will dig in after I send this.

Your email client mangled the code, but as far as I could untangle it.

updateMetadataIfPossible: No bug. decrement gets called when
ChangeEnsembleCb completes.

resolveConflict: Looks like a bug. Would be good to had a test case
that tickles it.

-Ivan