Github user johnmccabe commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/104#issuecomment-206374347

    I pulled and built a few minutes ago and tried with this catalog:
    ```
    brooklyn.catalog:
      version: 0.1.2
      items:
      - id: loc-common-base
        name: Base Location
        itemType: location
        item:
          type: localhost
          brooklyn.config:
            privateKeyFile: some common private key file
            privateKeyPassphrase: password
      - id: loc-based-on-common-base
        name: Derived Location
        itemType: location
        item:
          type: loc-common-base
          brooklyn.config:
            user: user-who-inherits-private-key-values
            password: password
    ```
    And I still see both locations `loc-common-base` and `loc-common-base`
display with the name `Base Location`

    I also tried adding `displayName: XXXX Location` to each in
`brooklyn.config` but see the same behaviour.

    On a slight tangent, building up locations from other locations lends
itself to adding base locations that aren't useable by themselves, for example
a base that only sets common private keys - currently those building-block locs
show up in the list of locations via the jsgui - it'd be nice to have some way
of flagging whether a location gets presented to a user in the UI - either a
param or naming convention. Worth considering as a future enhancement?

---
with INFRA.
---