Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/344

    This is a bad cop out.  The tests aren't relying on a specific port.  I
think the problem is that the `Networking.isPortAvailable()` check isn't
releasing the port fast enough and probably the subsequent bind (deep in mbean
code) isn't doing `setReuseAddr`.

    i've snuck a nasty hack in #340 at e3dd40957867d8083e3e1b2d6d278125009048f6
.  if that works i'd prefer that to this.  if not we should take a quick look
(stack trace in commit above) to see if we can turn on reuse_addr for mbean.
if that fails then we could do this until we support your long-term 2 which is
the right way, let jmx service pick the port and then we plug that sensor in
everywhere else it's needed (but as you say quite a lot of work and not worth
it as this code is pretty solid and unchanging)

---
with INFRA.
---