Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/472

    @bostko is there a reason you didn't `git revert` this?  (looks like the
commit is not a strict reversion as it adds new tests.)

    @neykov good summary of the problems.  agree having the same guava version
is an obvious improvement, but sounds like there will continue to be issues
afterwards.

    unless there is an easy fix where we can continue to deserialize the old
format whilst also being able to serialize and deserialize the new format
(which sounds like a lot of work, unless the `GuavaModule` supports it as an
option), i'd be inclined _not_ to try to get this working and focus instead on
restricting serialization/deserialization to explicitly registered types,
ideally using yoml, and defining our own YOML serialization rules for those
cases where we really need to serialize a guava type.

---
with INFRA.
---