Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/471

    if the goal is purely to make the information available in the UI can't we
use the existing API ?

    reading `/v1/applications/0001` gives you a block including `locations:
[0002]`, you can then do `/v1/locations/0002` and you get all the `config:` back

    agree it isn't very nice but rather than invest time in an enricher and a
ui which uses interim sensors, we could have the ui use the existing api

    ---

    or if we want to move towards a better solution we could (fairly easily i
expect)

    1. expand the
    `EntityRelations` to include `AT_LOCATION` (inverse `LOCATION_FOR`) and
`USING_MACHINE_LOCATION` (no inverse, only present when `AT_LOCATION` is also
present), and then

    2. provide a `.../entities/xxx/relations/using_machine_location` call
(returning a list of brooklyn object summaries, or at least their id's and
url's)

    3. if needed (because the relations model isn't populated well for
locations) put some hardcoded logic into the api call to include things from
the Entity.locations()` method

    though thinking about it if we write the ui to work against the current api
it would actually be a tiny change to use the above

    ---

    the DSL supporting relations feels like a bit more work.

    ---

    i also wonder whether the REST API should allow long chains --- eg to find
the requested OS of the load balancer of an entity:

.../entities/xxx/relations/targetted_by[0]/relations/using_machine_location[0]/config/osFamily

    instead of requiring user to fetch
`../entities/xxx/relations/targetted_by`, getting a `ref1` link, then
`${ref1}/relations/using_machine_location` (as `ref2') , then finally
`${ref2}/config/osFamily`.

    (just an idea, on balance i think that can wait...)

---
with INFRA.
---