Github user aledsage commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/481

    I ran the live tests listed below. Based on that, I'm happy for this to be
merged (we can deal with Windows @ GCE later, which might be fixed with
configuration):
    * `AwsEc2LocationLiveTest` (slightly modified)
    * `SoftlayerLocationLiveTest` (newly added, based on
`AwsEc2LocationLiveTest`)
    * `GceLocationLiveTest` (newly added, based on `AwsEc2LocationLiveTest`)
    * `JcloudsLoginLiveTest`
    * `JcloudsWinrmingLiveTest` (extended to test in AWS and GCE)

    Windows @ GCE failed:
    ```
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Missing config
password[ConfigKey:java.lang.String] in {user=Administrator,
spec.original=jclouds:google-compute-engine:us-central1-a,
spec.final=jclouds:google-compute-engine:us-central1-a,
address=104.154.209.43/104.154.209.43, port=5985, host=104.154.209.43,
winrm.useNtlm=true}
        at
org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.internal.winrm.winrm4j.Winrm4jTool.getRequiredConfig(Winrm4jTool.java:217)
    ```

    `SoftlayerLocationLiveTest` had a worrying error logged, but then the test
passed - see https://gist.github.com/aledsage/816460d719bf463f03672b72dc370d4a
for details.

    I also saw the worrying looking AWS log message below, which deserves some
attention later - but the tests passed.
    ```
    2016-12-13 12:17:14,786 WARN
o.j.l.s.i.GetRegionIdMatchingProviderURIOrNull [main]: failed to find key for
value https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com in
{eu-west-1=https://ec2.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com}; choosing first: eu-west-1
    ```

---