Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/664

    Most PR's we get are good and the summaries provided are almost always
clear and easy to read.  A template increases the burden on the people opening
the PR which I see as counterproductive and makes them harder to read because
it discourages the contributor from just cutting to the chase.  This particular
template is onerous and patronising -- as though our goal is to put people off.

    I don't see what purpose `CONTRIBUTING.md` achieves as that information is
easy to find on our web site.  Have I missed us being inundated by people
saying "Help I don't know how to contribute, if only you had another markdown
file in the root" ?

    The point in my ML post is that we need to be less prissy and more
welcoming.  This PR takes us in the complete opposite direction.

---
with INFRA.
---