Hi Graham.

You could certainly create a BYON location that referenced the instance
created by Ansible, as described at
http://brooklyn.apache.org/v/latest/locations/index.html#byon you simple
export the host IP address and required credentials into a BOM file that
describes the new location, and deploy it using the `br deploy` CLI
command, or via the REST API and `curl` perhaps.

You could also create an AnsibleEntity, which would then provision a VM
somewhere and run the `ansible-playbook` commands required on it, but this
may be a chicken-and-egg type of situation for you - it is more designed
for the use case where we provision a VM, install ansible on it and then
use a playbook to install something else on that machine. We are currently
developing a policy that can create locations from entities, which sounds
like it would also be useful, I will update this thread with the details
shortly, when the PR is available.

Andrew.

Andrew Kennedy ; Founder clocker.io project ; @grkvlt ; Cloudsoft