Hi,

Like I described in BROOKLYN-519 AbstractBrooklynObjectSpec config serialization
could be source of deserialization problems in backwards compatibility.
I reviewed the code and I consider EntitySpecParameters are consumed only from the API
describing Spec types and catalog items.

I consider those parameters as NOT related to application deployment or application management during runtime thus I suggest to not serialize ConfigKey objects in persistence state in order to simplify persistence of Catalog items and AbstractBrooklynObjectSpec values. [1]

Could you also verify my assumption and comment? ^

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/757

--
Valentin Aitken
Software Engineer