Hi all,

Improving our authentication is a good feature to have, but I don't think
it's a blocker to a 1.0 release. I'd love to see this feature, but I don't
think we need to hold back 1.0 for it (better to think such a feature
through properly than to try and rush it into the next release.)

Andrea, I've looked at readthedocs myself - I love the idea of making the
drudgery of doc generation tooling Somebody Else's Problem, but when I last
looked, it wasn't suited to the way our user guide was written. It would
have needed quite a lot of manual effort to migrate from our home-grown
tooling into the way that readthedocs wants things to be written. See my
response[1] to Thomas' thread for a bit more.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/15b819cdecdcb717aa45e2efc7e4e5d3f1fcd491d1255a8aa72cd1c7@%3Cdev.brooklyn.apache.org%3E