Hi all,

TL;DR: we should reconfigure the `brooklyn-ui` build (and probably others) to be triggered daily and/or when `brooklyn-server` builds.
_*
Problem*_
Our brooklyn-ui build is configured to only run when the repo changes [1]. However, its parent pom is `org.apache.brooklyn:brooklyn-parent`, which is in `brooklyn-server` repo.

A change was made to the `snakeyaml.version` property in brooklyn-parent. However, it took a couple of weeks before the next (unrelated) change to the `brooklyn-ui` repo was merged [2], so we were left with a stale reference. This caused problems for downstream projects that build/test against snapshot.

_*Solution*_
Looking at brooklyn-library-master-docker [3], it is also configured to run daily. I propose we do the same for `brooklyn-ui`, and for all our other repos.
_*
More Solution*_
We could also trigger `brooklyn-ui` and the other repos when the upstream repo (i.e. `brooklyn-server`) is successfully built. Or is that too much load on the apache infrastructure for minor benefit?

Thoughts?

If no-one objects or has a better idea, I'll reconfigure each build to also run daily.

Aled

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/B/view/Brooklyn/job/brooklyn-ui-master-docker/configure
[2] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-ui/commits
[3] https://builds.apache.org/view/B/view/Brooklyn/job/brooklyn-library-master-docker/configure